Data and On-line Systems
CYNNAL has been analysing school performance data since 1997, and boasts a highly experienced data analysis department. Over the years we have developed and maintain a number of different sites to assist schools.
- Collection of KS2, KS3 , KS4 and KS5 data on individual pupil level via DEWi (or from the school for KS4 and KS5)
- Analysis based on attainment in the core subjects – in relation to CYNNAL, authority and school, ac according to groups such as FSM, linguistic and pupils deemed at risk
- Analysis based on attainment in the optional subjects at KS3 and all subjects at KS4 and KS5
- Reporting on school quartiles
- Reporting on KS2-KS3 analyses on the Cynhaliaeth.net website by the end of the summer term
- Reporting on KS4 results by the first week in September
- Responding to requests for analyses based on specific groups across the Key Stages, varying both in specification and timing, e.g.
- Pupils in Local Authority Care
- Free School Meals
- Additional Learning Needs
Self Evaluation Framework
ICT Self Review
A tool for schools to review standards, provision and the quality of leadership in ICT and to formulate action plans for improvement.
For more information click here.
Early Identification System
An “Early Identification System” was developed in partnership with Gwynedd and Anglesey county councils. It’s an on-line system in which users upload a report of KS4 pupils generated in SIMS (which was produced by CYNNAL’s SIMS department), and the system generates an Excel spreadsheet which categorises the pupils according to the likelihood of them being NEET. The indicators and the weightings used to categorise the pupils were determined in conjunction with the education authorities.
Consortium 16+ On-line Transport System
As part of CYNNAL’s successful bid to co-ordinate the travelling arrangements to collaborative courses in Anglesey and Arfon for 2014-2015, an on-line system was developed to facilitate the administration process. The system enables schools to log in and register/un-register students onto collaborative courses. Schools can also record student absence and notify of any lesson cancellations. An e-mail is sent to all parties when there is any change to a registration status of a student, or when one is recorded absent, so that the schools know, and the transportation can be cancelled if need be. CYNNAL, the Post-16 Consortium and schools can also log in to view reports on different aspects.